I have a problem with BJ’s Wholesale Club-– I spend way too much money there! Love the finds, but sometimes I wish they came in smaller packages! But that’s the point of wholesale club shopping – you buy in bulk to save money.
Here’s some tips to shop smartly at BJ’s:
1) Make a list of the types of things you need. And yes, you can do this. The 5 pound box of frozen soft pretzels may look delicious, but do you really need to buy a HUGE box (and is it going to fit in your freezer?).
2) When you see a really good buy, grab it. That means a toy or an appliance that you know doesn’t go on sale (and doesn’t mean the 5 pound box of frozen soft pretzels).
3) Consider going with a friend and split packages of things. We love the Organic Edamame and the price is reasonable, but it’s too big for one family, even if you eat it for several days in a row. Split it in half with a friend!
4) Use coupons! BJ’s accepts manufacturers coupons AND their own. So you can stack them and save more! How cool is that?
5) They make great custom foods like birthday cakes and sushi.. Again, the prices are reasonable and the quality was excellent. The cake below is my daughter’s birthday cake for her 4th birthday. This 1/4 personalized sheet cake cost $14.99. And it was kosher, so my Kosher brother-in-law, sister-in-law and their daughters could eat it.
I was also impressed that the sushi was made on premises.
Thank you to BJ’s for treating us to some products and a gift card so we could check out their smart bargains.