Like chocolate? Milk, dark or white? How about chocolate with nuts? pretzels? marshmallows? caramel? Like chocolate-dipped fruit? If you are a chocolate lover try some for yourself and head over to The Chocolate Expo happening this coming March on two different dates and in two locations – one in NY and one in NJ, and experience for yourself the dazzling array of chocolatey-goodies – there’ll be lots of tastings and a few surprises to boot!
At The Chocolate Expo, attendees will get to taste, purchase, celebrate and otherwise indulge in delicious gourmet chocolates, baked goods, specialty foods, gelato, cheeses, wines, spirits, hard ciders, craft sodas and much more from local and regional vendors, while touring one of the largest air and space museums in the world.
- In the Museum’s atrium lobby, guests will be greeted by Aurora Gourmet’s chocolate fountains overflowing with milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate to cover a choice of fresh fruits, marshmallows, pretzels and crisp rice treats.
- More than 25 authentically-costumed Star Wars characters from the 501st Empire City Garrison will descend on The Chocolate Expo and be available for selfies and other picture-taking opportunities from approximately 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Free face painting and balloon twisting activities for children will take place in the Museum’s Junior Jet Club.
- Admission to all air & space exhibits is included with admission to The Chocolate Expo. Additionally, free admission to shows in the JetBlue Airways Planetarium (regularly $9/adult and $8/child) will be included, as well. “Space Junk” will be shown at 12 p.m., 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- In partnership with the Harry Chapin Food Bank of Long Island Cares, a Food Drive will take place on the day of The Chocolate Expo at the Cradle of Aviation Museum. Guests are asked to bring non-perishable food items for donation, and it is not necessary to be a Chocolate Expo attendee to participate in the Food Drive since Long Island Cares donation bins will be located right in the lobby doorways of the Cradle of Aviation Museum for drop-off purposes.
When: March 3rd, 2019 10 am – 7 pm and March 31st, 2019 10 am-7 pm
Where: March 3rd: Cradle of Aviation Museum
Charles Lindberg Blvd., Garden City, NY
March 31st: Rutgers Athletic Center
Price: Online (recommended) $15/adult; $10/child (2-12). At the door: $20/adult; $15/child (2-12)
To learn more and purchase tickets click here.
We’re excited to host a giveaway. Enter below for a chance to win a family 4-pack to the March 3rd Chocolate Expo – two winners will be selected!
Photos by Chuck Fishman
I was not compensated for this post. I received tickets. Don’t Miss: The Chocolate Expo (+ Giveaway)
Senior Reviewer Maytal Wichman is a freelance writer and has written for several blogs, including The Huffington Post. She has been living in the New York City area for eighteen years and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature as well as a Law Degree, but blogging is her true passion. Maytal is a stay-at-home mom to three kids (ages 12, 9 and 6) and loves finding great products for her family.