Tomorrow, October 6, from 11am to 4pm Come to the Queens Zoo and meet their barnyard bunch! This year’s brand new Moo at the Zoo event celebrates the season and all things domestic, from our Flemish giant rabbits to our massive Texas Longhorns. Check out animal keeper chats, hands-on butter making demos, a cow milking simulator, farm-themed crafts, and special giveaways from Organic Valley. Also don’t miss the chance to feed a llama, goat, or other corral critter. At Moo at the Zoo you can have a fun-filled day on the farm, right in the middle of Queens!
More Event Details:
- Butter Making Demonstrations presented by Organic Valley – Learn how to make butter and buttermilk with Organic Valley! Guests will learn how to make butter using a couple simple ingredients. This is a fun project for the entire family and takeaway instructions will be available to make delicious butter at home.
- Cow Milking Simulator presented by Organic Valley – Here’s your chance to learn how to milk a cow! While we can’t take an Organic Valley cow off of the farm, they are bringing their popular cow milking station to Moo at the Zoo.
- Cow Mask/Puppet Craft– Children will be able to engage in a wide variety of farm-related crafts, including cow masks and cow puppets.
- Farm Animal Keeper Chats– Guests can listen and learn about the animals on the Queens Zoo farm with these exciting keeper chats.
- Domestic Animal Demonstrations– Guests will be able to meet an alpaca or other manageable domestic animal
- Organic Valley Samples and Giveaways– Organic Valley will pass out samples of their homemade butter and chocolate milk, and will be on-site with exciting coupons and fun giveaways.